Monday, May 4, 2009

Don't let this happen to you

Dave and I went to dinner last night farther north on the Brown Line, at the Western stop. We went with our fabulous wedding photographer and his girlfriend, so it was worth it (even though the tequila did a number on me in the morning, gahhh) -- and the train ride was almost as entertaining as dinner itself...

In general, the Brown line is one of the least exciting lines for me. It's not like the Blue Line where there's an equal mix of homeless lunatics and unintentionally hilarious hipsters. It's not like the Red Line where there's an equal mix of homeless lunatics and homeowning lunatics. It's just rather vanilla.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE not getting harassed on the train. It's heavenly to ride somewhere in peace. But the Brown Line can sometimes lack the character that the other trains have.

Except for yesterday!

Yesterday, on the way to dinner, I saw this lovely lady. I almost felt bad taking her picture but it was just too perfect not to.



Yes, that's an issue of Cat Fancy right there. The magazine, the cloth bag, the oversized (floor-length) coat, the lack of wedding band -- god, I wanted to hug her!

Instead, I snapped a quick picture with my phone and made a spectacle of her on my blog.

Same thing, right?

12 comments:

Audrey said...

OMG, thats me in 15 years. EFF!!!!

The Alleged Ringleader said...

LOL

Bayjb said...

Hey reading Cat Fancy in public shouldn't me mocked! No judgement.

Anonymous said...

You're so supportive. ;)

Jenn said...

And that's why I draw the line at two cats. Any more and you're dubbed a crazy cat lady.

TKTC said...

I was on my way home from dinner last night and on the phone with Jason when he just starts busting out laughing. "HAHAHA CAT FANCY!!!" and I'm going what are you talking about?! And his response is that I need to check Twitter as soon as I get in. Well I didn't. I went to sleep. And now I know why he was laughing so hard because I just replayed the response at my desk.

Unknown said...

Okay....I have a friend that is going to BE this woman in 10 years. Seriously...it even looks like her. I'm so sad. And laughing.

megabrooke said...

found you through alexa and your little avatar/picture thingy with the red shoes and wine made me swoon.

that cat lady could be me 20 years from now... christ.

Aunt Becky said...

That's my mom.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

We considered Gerber & Scarpelli for our wedding. I think we interviewed with Michael Scarpelli, a man we decided would be a lot of fun to party with but wasn't exactly who we were looking for in terms of a photographer (though, clearly they do amazing work!).

Also, it's so funny to hear you say the Western stop is "far north" ... because that's not far from where we live. When I hear "far north," I think of the suburbs. ha!

The Constant Complainer said...

OK...

A.) I didn't even know they still published Cat Fancy.
B.) Letter "A" was a joke, but I did enjoy Bayjb's comment.
C.) I'm all about taking discreet pics in public places. Good job!
D.) Audrey, is that really you in 15 years?

Great post!

Jen said...

This is my first time to your blog. Very funny! I'm following you now. Clearly in a non-stalky sort of way. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails