I don't know much about basketball.
Wait, start over... I don't care to know much about basketball.
But one thing I do know is that if you don't like LeBron James, then what is wrong with you?
Aside from LeBron being a total beast on the court, he's freakishly down-to-earth and likable. Facts:
- He always passes the ball to his teammates.
- He respects the players on other teams, even when they're douchey like Kobe.
- He plays the game without ever playing dirty.
- He's not all over the media for clubbing, whoring, drinking, sexually assaulting, ODing or hanging out with anyone from The Hills.
- He's shockingly humble when everyone's fawning over him and calling him the best player in the history of the whole wide world.
Unselfish, respectful, honest, focused, humble. What kind of person wouldn't appreciate someone like that?
I think I should start using this LeBron Likability Barometer to see whether or not I should be friends with someone. Or if my sister should date someone. If they don't like Lebron, I think I should get to drop my drink dramatically, twirl away from them with a defiant stomp and storm out away in a huff while ranting about The Kids These Days and how they don't appreciate a genuine, honest worker!
Of course, I guess it's possible that I'm missing something here. If you'll recall -- from only about 3 seconds ago, because, let's be honest, you're just skimming this -- I don't know much about basketball. But, based on what I see in ESPN snippets, articles that Dave leaves up on my computer, Cavs games I'm forced to watch, etc., LeBron James is a godly player without an attitude problem. That's a rare thing nowadays and I don't understand how anyone wouldn't respect that.
Next time, Cavs, right? Say yes. I can't bear to watch my husband collapse on the floor again in defeat.