Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Someone had a bad day

Over the weekend, I received a text from a random (773) phone number informing me, "This is my new number."

Unsure who "my" referred to, I tried to think which of my friends was not only getting a new number but was also absent-minded enough not to tell me who the heck they are. I came up with nothing. Sooo, I responded.



Done. Won't hear from them again, I thought.

The next morning, I was awoken by my phone going off before 8:00. As I do with all communication attempts before I've rolled out of bed, I ignored it.

Then my phone beeped again. Again, I ignored it.

When I woke up an hour and a half later, I checked my phone and saw this:


Oh, dear. My sweet, dumb, mystery person. Not the best morning for you.

So I responded much more directly this time.



And then all was right with the world.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails