Friday, November 13, 2009

Christmas cheer

Photo: ianqui


Holiday commercials have been playing -- albeit sporadically -- for the last week or two, beginning at the end of October. I know a lot of people are completely put off by how early the Christmas cheer kicks in, but I'm just gonna say it.

I like it.

Yeah, it's early, but I don't care! I like getting wrapped up in the holiday spirit, the sparkling decorations, the snowy scenes in commercials, the coziness of the season, the special holiday drinks, the gift-giving, the familiar Christmas songs, the anticipation of fun family time...

It warms my cold, black heart.

So, fine, it started in October. Let's face it, these weeks always end up flying by anyway, so the fact that the holidays are being shoved down our throats so soon isn't really that much of a crime. At least, not in my book. And I'm a pretty cranky person, so if I can embrace it, you can too. Right?

2 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

ive been counting down to tgiving for ages. i enjoy the family time too

The Constant Complainer said...

I was traveling for work in Cincinnati on 10/30/09 and there was a station there that was already playing Christmas music 24/7. They said they were the first station in the country to go all-Christmas.

I just looked it up when I read your post. If you want to stream it now, it's mystar933.com or Star 93.3 Hamilton.

Related Posts with Thumbnails