Well, friends, Dave's China trip is almost up. It's hard to believe 6 weeks have already come and gone, but as of right now, I'm 28 hours away from seeing my husband and I CAN'T WAIT. Seriously. It's disgusting, even to me.
But, now that Dave's Wild Asian Adventure is over, it's the perfect time to recaps my highs and lows of living alone...
- I learned how to parallel park by myself.
- I didn't forget to feed my dog once.
- I did some pilates a few times. Okay, fine, twice.
- I leveled up on Call of Duty.
- I finally got my hair cut.
- I had lovely, boozy playdates with Ang, Suz and Jessi.
- I wore my new, cute, yellow ballet flats from Cole Haan.
- I drove Roc to Cleveland so he could play with his cousin and I could get drunk with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law.
- I met my new neighbors and their adorable Boxer -- love them all.
- I bought 6 pairs of shoes, 6 dresses, 11 shirts, a pair of pants and 3 belts.
- The weather warmed up!... For half a second. We'll take it.
- I saw Suz's new condo and it's awesome.
- I found a convenient, lovely spa that I will be going to instead of the uber-expensive Bliss for my facials.
- My sister came in town and made amends.
- I lost my apartment keys.
- And mail key.
- And almost locked the dog in the car. ALMOST.
- I rarely cooked for myself.
- I often ate popcorn for dinner.
- I got into bed embarrassingly early every weeknight.
- I got sick and sounded like a chain-smoking, truck-stop hooker for three days.
- I almost ran over a little woman with my boat of a car.
- We frequently lost at trivia.
- My dog may or may not have eaten chocolate, so I pumped him full of meds and Benadryl out of sheer panic.
Eh, let's call it a draw.