Friday, July 17, 2009

How about a little chemistry talk on Friday?

One of my hilarious coworkers (the same one who came up with this genius idea) sent me a meeting invite this week and gave it this title:

"Contact of elements whose power of hydrogen is greater than seven"

So, of course, I turn to Dave.


Me: What does this mean: Contact of elements whose power of hydrogen is greater than seven

Dave: No idea.

Me: Seriously?


I tell Hilarious Coworker that Dave is clueless, so HC explains.


HC, to me: Power of hydrogen = pH. Ask him what has a pH > 7.

Dave, to me: Things that are basic.
Dave, to me: Soaps.

HC, to me: Yes, so "bases."
HC, to me: And contact = touch.


Ahhh, touch base. Got it. I smile. I ask Dave if he gets it.


Dave: Touch bases?
Dave: Baseball?
Dave: Either that or the meeting is in the bathroom.
Dave: Where the soap is.


HC, to me: Yeah, tell him I scheduled a meeting so you and I can play baseball in the bathroom with soaps.


The master becomes the student.

2 comments:

JennyMac said...

TOO funny!

The Constant Complainer said...

Hey, Jenny Mac comments on this blog. Cool.

I love it - the teacher becomes the student.

Related Posts with Thumbnails