Wednesday, December 29, 2010

She's gone

R.I.P. BIG GREEN MONSTER

1996 - 2010


It was time. Beyond time, if you ask Dave, but I'm a little more sentimental. The Big Green Monster was good to me -- and she was the only car my mom and I purchased ourselves, without Dad. We wandered onto a used car lot one day in 2002 and, though I had decided I wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I couldn't help but fall in love with this hot mess. She drove more like a car than an SUV, had a sunroof and tinted windows. One signed check later, I drove her off the lot.

And now? Well, like I said, it was time. After 8.5 years with me and 150k miles in her lifetime, the Monster was dying a slow, painful death. So, we called Habitat for Humanity and made arrangements to have her barely lifeless body taken away.

Needless to say, as evidenced by these photos, I had a bit of a tough time letting go...



Big Green Monster had to be jumped by our new car.


Someone's excited.


I will never have this view again!


Goodbye, sunroof that I had to crank open.


So long, plumes of smoke and peeling tire cover.


My last view of her.


It will be missed.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails