Monday, January 26, 2009

Making a difference through oatmeal

As several of you know (because I wouldn't stop whining about it), I was sick not too long ago. I'll spare you the details, but it was gross.

I'd doped myself up on Nyquil, Tylenol and Sudafed, so while my coherence was at a minimum, at least my symptoms were as well.

Of course, when I took my meds on that first morning of misery, I started to feel a little queasy.

"Ugh, my stomach is messed up," I mumbled to Ang. "Am I supposed to eat when I take meds?"

"Yes," Ang said. "I'm guessing you didn't."

"Nah, I don't like breakfast." (I know, I know. BAD ELLE.)

"Here. I have oatmeal."

Now there's something I haven't eaten in a while. Or talked about, even. So you can imagine my surprise when I got an IM the very next day from my Wicker Park favorites that said, "Hey, how do you feel about oatmeal?"

Really, universe?

This fav of mine let me in on Quaker's new project to raise money and awareness about the national hunger charity, Share Our Strength. She asked me if I'd mind blogging about it and asking you guys to participate with me.

Here's the idea:

  1. Go check out Quaker's Facebook page and become a fan.
  2. Download and print out a picture of the Quaker man.
  3. Take a picture of yourself in your home with the Quaker man and post it on the Facebook page.
  4. Send me the link in my comments section in the next 24 hours.


What's in it for you? Aside from entertaining yourself on a Monday, you could also win one of two Quaker coupons I get to give away, each good for $1.00 off any two Quaker products. And if you guys really get into this and make me the blogger that generates the most submissions in a 24-hour period, I win a $5,000 donation to the hunger charity of my choice. (I'm told I cannot pick "my own kitchen," so don't worry -- the money goes somewhere legit.)

Aaaaanyway, even if you're not gonna grace us with a photo of your smiling face, at least check out the Facebook group and pass the link along so others can be aware of this good cause. Thanks for your help!


3 comments:

TKTC said...

Woo hoo!!! Thanks for this lady- I'm so psyched at how far this project has come already. Kinda nice when the biz can do some good :)

Andy - Instafather said...

Only you could turn an oatmeal post into a guilt trip. Dang it. Now I feel the need to be a good person.

Audrey said...

So what flavor was it? I love the Spice...FANTASTIC!
Check your email. Ive got a Quaker cat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails