Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another thing I hate

I woke up this morning, stumbled out of bed, wrapped a fleece blanket around myself instead of putting pants on and shuffled out into the living room. Dave has been at work for, like, 2 hours already, so the apartment is empty.

As soon as I set foot in the living room, I'm greeted by a massive WHOOOSHING noise. A constant whoooshing noise. A very annoying whooshing noise. Since the dishwasher is loud and the washer/dryer is loud, I assume this is the heat that Dave must have turned on.

Confused (and a little pissed off), I walk over to the thermostat.

Off.

Oh, god dammit.

I look outside. Everything looks peaceful, if not a little dreary, but that fucking noise won't stop. Now, I realize that I live in The Windy City, but there is nothing I hate worse than wind. I would rather have rain, snow, hail -- bring it. But wind just pisses me off. It's so relentless and there's nothing you can do to stop it. At least with the other weather conditions, you can carry an umbrella. With wind? Nothing. You just get pummeled by the gusts, your recently straightened hair flying all over the damn place and why did you even bother with your appearance on a windy day?

Fuck off, wind. I hope today doesn't suck.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails